How to get more Twitter followers
Now unless you are a celebrity with decent followers somewhere, getting (genuine) followers who retweet and interact with you will take time and effort. It’s better to have 100 followers who will really read your tweets and interact with you, not thousands of useless spam that won’t do anything. People often use programs that promise to increase your followers who do what they do but the reality doesn’t really help you because most of these followers will consist of spam bots.
These programs depend on something called ‘Aggressive Following’ and will make you automatically follow thousands of people with the only hope that they will follow back and if they don’t you will throw them away and follow others. Twitter has a policy against this and if caught, will delete your account. Here are 6 tips for getting more Twitter followers.
How to get more Twitter followers?
- Interesting Bio Write : Your Twitter Bio Profile is the first and most important thing to get more followers on Twitter. 160 characters for the bio may not look like much but this is one of the first things your potential followers will see, so try to be smart, make interesting tag-lines and write something interesting that will make people follow you.
- Make your presence visible : Tweets are too few and people won’t pay attention to you in their Timeline or all together forget that they even follow you. Tweet too much and people will start thinking you are a nuisance or spam bot and will stop following you (and you don’t want that to happen).
- Entertaining : Try to be funny or funny when making tweets. Don’t be like “a very boring day in my life, I’m bored and there’s nothing I can do but get bored”, try to be like “… update your status so you know that the status is that he has no status” funny and effective.
- Tweets in Trending Topics : Give your opinions and perspectives on the latest things and events. If you are lucky (and smart enough) you might have ‘top tweets’ (more than 100+ Retweets) which can cause you to get many followers.
- Avoid too much Promoting Yourself : Yes, you can promote your blog post you , products, music etc but they are not seen that you can not cross. If you do, you’ll end up like a spammer / spam-bot or just do not understand. Not only will you not get additional followers but you will spend your existing followers and many of them will follow you.
- Link your account : You can connect your account with Facebook. This will also help you to get more Twitter followers.
- Inviting Twit-Pic : Chances are, you’d rather follow someone using their own image or logo than some random spam bots with semi-naked twitpic. So why not your potential followers? Using your own images makes a long way to create impact.
And Last but not least, try to have fun! Don’t worry too much about numbers. Like most things in Life, slow and steady wins the race, so trust yourself. I don’t build at night and I won’t. 🙂
Happy reading? Share with your friends!